The 2005 movie Monster-in-Law stars Jennifer Lopez and Jane Fonda. (Source: Wikipedia)
PICKENS, SC (FOX Carolina) -
The case was dismissed against a Pickens County woman who was arrested and charged with failing to return a VHS rental of Monster in Law.
Kayla Michelle Finley, 27, was charged with failure to return the video cassette Feb. 13. According to the South Carolina Judicial Department website, the case was dismissed Wednesday.
According to a warrant issued by a magistrate, Finely rented the J. Lo movie Monster-In-Law from Dalton Video in 2005, which is no longer in business, and the tape was not returned within 72 hours.
Finley was sent letters to return the video several times but never responded, according to the warrant. It also said a certified warrant was sent to the woman on Sept. 12, 2005.
Finley denied ever getting those warnings. Finley was arrested after a record check showed the offense.
According to a press release issued by the Pickens County Sheriff's Office, the former business owner of Dalton Video notified the court that they wanted the charge withdrawn and did not want the case prosecuted.
Deputies said though the sheriff's office was not involved in the case, they confirmed through the court that the charge was dropped.
Copyright 2014 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Tuesday, September 16 2014 8:32 AM EDT2014-09-16 12:32:43 GMT
Phoenix city leaders are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst as a new flash flood watch is posted for mid-week.More >
A rainbow over the Superstition Mountains late Monday afternoon sets the stage for some significant changes to come. A flash flood watch is in effect in advance of abundant tropical moisture headed this way. More >
Tuesday, September 16 2014 8:01 AM EDT2014-09-16 12:01:09 GMT
A sample of ceiling sheet rock, provided by Laguna Village resident Jessica Ford, to Southeast Environmental Microbiology Laboratories – where it tested positive for stachybotrys.More >
CBS 5 News sent a sample of ceiling sheet rock, provided by Laguna Village resident Jessica Ford, to Southeast Environmental Microbiology Laboratories – where it tested positive for stachybotrys, a black mold that can produce toxic spores.More >