Christopher Cruz is suspected of trying to flush four pounds of marijuana down his toilet (below) during a drug raid in Casa Grande Tuesday. (Source: Pinal County Sheriff's Office)
(Source: Pinal County Sheriff's Office)
CASA GRANDE, AZ (CBS5) -
A 20-year-old Casa Grande may have seen his time as a free man go down the drain when he tried to flush four pounds of marijuana in his toilet during a drug raid Tuesday.
Christopher Cruz was found in the bathroom frantically trying to send the evidence down his "pot-ty" as members of the Pinal County Narcotics Task Force, deputies and K-9 handlers served a search warrant at his home on North Center Avenue, a Pinal County sheriff's spokesman said.
Detectives quickly took Cruz into custody and a subsequent search of the house also turned up two shotguns and a handgun, the spokesman said.
Cruz, a convicted felon, also had two young children in the house, the spokesman said.
Cruz was booked into the Pinal County Jail and held without bond on charges of possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, misconduct involving weapons, destruction of evidence, and two counts of endangerment because of the presence of the children.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved
Pinal deputies 'flush' out pot dealing suspectMore>>
Tuesday, September 16 2014 3:39 PM EDT2014-09-16 19:39:44 GMT
Phoenix city leaders are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst as a new flash flood watch is posted for mid-week.More >
A rainbow over the Superstition Mountains late Monday afternoon sets the stage for some significant changes to come. A flash flood watch is in effect in advance of abundant tropical moisture headed this way. More >
Tuesday, September 16 2014 8:01 AM EDT2014-09-16 12:01:09 GMT
A sample of ceiling sheet rock, provided by Laguna Village resident Jessica Ford, to Southeast Environmental Microbiology Laboratories – where it tested positive for stachybotrys.More >
CBS 5 News sent a sample of ceiling sheet rock, provided by Laguna Village resident Jessica Ford, to Southeast Environmental Microbiology Laboratories – where it tested positive for stachybotrys, a black mold that can produce toxic spores.More >