Lamp blamed for fire that displaces 2 in Phoenix - CBS 5 - KPHO

Lamp blamed for fire that displaces 2 in Phoenix

Posted: Updated:
(Source: CBS 5 News) A bedroom lamp is believed to have started a fire. (Source: CBS 5 News) A bedroom lamp is believed to have started a fire.
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

A lamp is being blamed for starting a fire that severely damaged a West Valley house Thursday night and displaced two people.

Phoenix firefighters said an electrical short in the bedroom lamp sparked the fire about midnight.

A smoke alarm alerted the two people inside, and they safely made it out of the house near 78th Avenue and Indian School Road, firefighters said.

There was no monetary estimate of the damage, but the Red Cross was assisting the family in finding another place to live.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
CBS 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation), Phoenix, AZ and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..