Firefighters battle blaze at the Wellington Club Apartments - CBS 5 - KPHO

Firefighters battle 2-alarm blaze at the Wellington Club Apartments

Posted: Updated:
MISSION, KS (KCTV) -

Firefighters battled a two-alarm fire at the Wellington Club Apartments in Mission, KS, Friday night.

The fire was reported about 8:15 p.m. The apartments are located at 49th Street and Broadmoor Avenue.

Eight apartments were affected with three suffering extensive damage. No one was injured.

Firefighters said the fire started in the flue of a ground-floor chimney. The flames spread to the attic.

"The fire originated in the flue pipe of a fireplace on the ground level apartment. The fire extended up the flue, into the attic and then spread across the attic," the division chief said.

The families living in the apartments affected were displaced and being helped by the Red Cross.

Copyright 2013 KCTV (MeredithCorp.)  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
CBS 5
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation), Phoenix, AZ and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service..