The deadline for Federal Emergency Management Agency assistance following Superstorm Sandy has been extended once again.
Gov. Dannel Malloy announced the deadline was extended to Feb. 12.
According to state officials, more than 12,000 Connecticut residents in Fairfield, Middlesex, New Haven and New London counties, the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and the Mohegan Tribal Nation have registered for assistance.
And so far, more than $37 million has been approved.
"With more than $37 million in federal aid approved already, there has clearly been a need for assistance for many residents," Malloy said in a statement Thursday. "Extending this deadline will ensure that any resident or business affected by Storm Sandy has ample time to apply for federal aid. We will continue with the recovery process until everyone's life is back to normal."
The money can be used to help homeowners, renters and small business owners.
Small Business Administration has also approved loans to small business owners of more than $26.4 million.
The previous deadline had been extended until Jan. 28. The original deadline was Dec. 31, 2012.
To apply for FEMA aid after Hurricane Sandy, click the following link or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Wednesday, June 19 2013 11:01 AM EDT2013-06-19 15:01:14 GMT
Cell phone records show the young woman who vanished just blocks away from her Tempe apartment over the weekend made a phone call before she disappeared. Adrienne Salinas, 19, hasn't been seen or heardMore >
Cell phone records show the young woman who vanished just blocks away from her Tempe apartment over the weekend made a phone call before she disappeared.More >
Wednesday, June 19 2013 3:36 PM EDT2013-06-19 19:36:55 GMT
Gun threat at Arizona Mills Mall
A gun threat forced the evacuation of Arizona Mills Mall Tuesday night. A caller told 911 that someone was pointing a gun at theater-goers while they were watching a movie. The scene is unfolding andMore >
A caller told 911 that someone pointed a gun at theater-goers while they were watching the new 'Superman' movie.More >
Wednesday, June 19 2013 4:58 PM EDT2013-06-19 20:58:02 GMT
The man suspected of kidnapping three women and holding them captive for years inside his west side is due in court this morning. Ariel Castro will go before Judge Michael Russo at 8:30 a.m. on nearlyMore >
With his head hanging down, suspected kidnapper Ariel Castro went before a judge on Wednesday morning.
Castro refused to make eye contact with anyone, but did answer the judge when questioned. He provided a simple answer of 'yes' when asked normal questions about the proceedings. More >
Friday, May 31 2013 8:01 PM EDT2013-06-01 00:01:34 GMT
A bus driver loses his job over a Facebook post. Here's hold it unfolded. The last week of school in Haralson County, a student told driver Johnny Cook he was hungry, that didn't get to eat lunch at HaralsonMore >
A bus driver recently lost his job over a Facebook post. More >
Wednesday, June 19 2013 1:40 PM EDT2013-06-19 17:40:44 GMT
Jesus Cabrera Molina (Source: CBS 5 News)
A judge has denied bond for man believed involved in the hit-and-run death of a Phoenix police officer.Police say 24-year-old Jesus Cabrera Molina is being held on suspicion of manslaughter and leavingMore >
Maricopa County court officials said Jesus Cabrera Molina, 24, pleaded not guilty to charges of manslaughter and leaving the scene of the crash in the hit-and-run death of a Phoenix police officer.More >