If you walk into Christown Mall you might do a double take at a new business.
"We have a lot of people that will walk by and just go, 'Oh my God, I can't believe what I just saw,'" said owner Pat Kerivan.
The store isn't selling clothes or cell phones, it's peddling places where you can rest your head ... permanently.
"As an entrepreneur you look for market segments," he said.
Kerivan had a hunch that investing in entombment would pay off.
Show's like TLC's Best Funeral Ever are shining a spotlight on funeral services like we've never seen before.
There are different casket styles at Til We Meet Again, as well. You can custom build a casket or urn that looks like your favorite car, or pay respects to your favorite sports team while your family pays respects to you.
"They've had flat screens in them and they're showing either some films that were important to the individual that passed or it could eve be some family pictures and stuff," Kerivan said.
The caskets will cost you between $900 and $4,000. It's a pretty penny to spend on something you'll never really see, but Kerivan said it's a way to celebrate life instead of mourning loss.
"We try to bring a little bit of enthusiasm and excitement to a delicate situation," he said.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
Tuesday, September 16 2014 3:39 PM EDT2014-09-16 19:39:44 GMT
Phoenix city leaders are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst as a new flash flood watch is posted for mid-week.More >
A rainbow over the Superstition Mountains late Monday afternoon sets the stage for some significant changes to come. A flash flood watch is in effect in advance of abundant tropical moisture headed this way. More >
Tuesday, September 16 2014 8:01 AM EDT2014-09-16 12:01:09 GMT
A sample of ceiling sheet rock, provided by Laguna Village resident Jessica Ford, to Southeast Environmental Microbiology Laboratories – where it tested positive for stachybotrys.More >
CBS 5 News sent a sample of ceiling sheet rock, provided by Laguna Village resident Jessica Ford, to Southeast Environmental Microbiology Laboratories – where it tested positive for stachybotrys, a black mold that can produce toxic spores.More >