A man is in the hospital in critical condition after inhaling a substance fire officials believe could be nitric acid.
Mike Young with the Glendale Fire Department said a mobile home manager found six, 1-gallon bottles in a dumpster in the 6500 block of W. Glendale Ave. He got the liquid on his hands and put his hands up to his nose to see what it was. Young said the victim was overcome by the fumes and was taken to the hospital.
The hazmat team is investigating the substance. Young said they have reason to believe it could be nitric acid.
Mobile homes in the area have been evacuated.
Stay with cbs5az.com for updates on this developing story.
Copyright 2012 CBS 5 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Thursday, May 23 2013 12:39 PM EDT2013-05-23 16:39:28 GMT
Dan Marco's son was murdered in 2010. (Source: CBS 5 News)
Only people who have lost a close loved one can understand the pain of Travis Alexander's family"My heart goes out to them, because I understand," says Dan Marco, who's son Zachary was murdered in 2010.ZacharyMore >
Only people who have lost a close loved one can understand the pain of Travis Alexander's family.More >
Thursday, May 23 2013 8:00 AM EDT2013-05-23 12:00:17 GMT
A former flight instructor who taught foreign flight students at one of the Valley's pilot schools told CBS 5 Investigates the students often could barely speak English. "I'd say at least 50 percent ofMore >
A former flight instructor who taught foreign flight students at one of the Valley's pilot schools told CBS 5 Investigates the students often could barely speak English.More >
Wednesday, May 22 2013 5:06 PM EDT2013-05-22 21:06:54 GMT
A Williams man is in custody in connection with the fatal shooting of an Ashfork teenager, northern Arizona authorities said. John A. Willis, 53, was taken into custody Tuesday, said Coconino County sheriff'sMore >
John A. Willis, 53, was taken into custody Tuesday, said Coconino County sheriff's spokesman Lt. Tim Cornelius.More >
Wednesday, May 22 2013 9:38 PM EDT2013-05-23 01:38:14 GMT
MOORE, OK - The trembling, mud-spattered dog whose photo went viral on Tuesday was not actually standing watch over her owner's body - her name is Susie, her owner is named Curtis Collins, and he's alive.ThanksMore >
There's a happy ending to the story of the little dog who was found standing guard over a body after the EF-5 tornado that decimated her neighborhood in Moore, OK. Her owner is alive, and they have been reunited thanks to the viral photo. More >