PHOENIX (CBS5) -
If you dread heading out amongst large crowds to catch a flight this holiday season, Sky Harbor Airport has some tips that could ease your travel worries.
- Get to Airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking in economy areas or checking bags.
- Bring a snack or meal for the plane. Food may be carried through security and beverages may be purchased past security and brought onto the aircraft.
- Liquids and gels must be in 3 oz containers or less to pass through security. Bring a zip top bag to consolidate small quantities of liquids. Larger quantities of medically necessary liquids are allowed only at the discretion of TSA screeners.
- If you're planning to park, visit skyharbor.com/parking for options, prices and space availability. You may also call the 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545.
- If you park in the Economy Parking lots, look for a sign to scan a QR Code. Use your phone to scan it and you will be sent a note reminding you where you parked.
- If you have questions about security screening, visit tsa.gov or contact the Transportation Security Administration at: 866-289-9673
- Wear shoes that are easy to remove at the checkpoint.
- Remove large electronics from your carry-on bags and place them in their own TSA bin.
- Have your claim check or ID ready at baggage claim when you return to Phoenix so that if you are approached by staff, you won't be delayed looking for this information.
- Mark your bags and electronics clearly so you recognize them immediately.
- Use the free cell phone lots to wait for arriving passengers and avoid circling the terminals.
Copyright 2011 KPHO. All rights reserved.