Source: Heart Healthy Home Cooking - African American Style
3¾ cups cold, fat-free milk
2 small packages (4 serving size) of fat-free, sugar-free
Instant vanilla pudding and pie-filling mix
32 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
2 medium bananas, sliced
2 cups fat-free, frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mix 3½ cups of the milk with the pudding mixes. Beat the pudding mixture with a wire whisk for 2 minutes until it is well blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped topping into the pudding mix.
- Arrange a layer of wafers on the bottom and sides of a 2-quart serving bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the remaining milk over the wafers. Add a layer of banana slices and top with one-third of the pudding.
- Repeat layers, drizzling wafer layer with remaining milk and ending with pudding. Spread the remaining whipped topping over the pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Yield: 10 servings
Serving size: ¾ cup
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium 329 mg
Total Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Potassium: 237 mg